Last Updated: 11/01/2022
Your Gift Network operates a website, a mobile application and related platform features available through its website (“Site”) or its mobile application (“App”). We may refer to Your Gift Network as “we”, “us”, or “our”. We may refer to you as “you”, or “your”. The purpose of this policy is to inform you about the personal information we collect, how we use and share that information, and the ways in which you can control how we use and share that information. By using our Site or our App, you agree to the terms of this policy and you expressly consent to the collection, use, and disclosure of your personal information in accordance with this policy.
A. Information Collected and Received from You
- User Registration Data
- At the time of registration on the Site or App, we may ask you to provide certain information, which includes your email address, name, date of birth, phone number and location (the “User Registration Data”), as well as a username and password for your Profile and your account.
- Information You May Provide
- You may elect to provide a variety of information during your interactions with us and the Site and App, such as emails you may send us, ads you respond to, SMS or text messages that you may sign up for and emails or newsletters that you sign up to receive from us. We, or third parties acting on our behalf, receive data from you whenever you provide us with information.
- Account Information
- When you register or sign up on the Site or App for certain features, newsletters and/or special offers, you may provide us, and we may collect, your contact information, including your name, email address, mailing address, date of birth, location and phone number (“Account Information”).
- Information as to your Device
- When you access and use the Site from a computer, mobile phone, tablet or other electronic device, we may collect information about those devices, including your browser type and Internet Protocol (IP) address. If you access the Site from a mobile phone, tablet, automobile, or other electronic device, we may collect and store information such as device type, operating system version and type, unique identifiers (such as mobile advertising ID), wireless carrier, and other related information for that device.
- Information as to your Location
- When you register for the Site or App, you may provide us with your zip or postal code. We may also collect location information from devices you use while accessing the Site. Depending on the device and operating system, device-based location information may be derived from GPS and nearby wireless signals such as cell towers, Wi-Fi networks, and Bluetooth beacons. We will not collect your device-based location information unless you have permitted us to access location services on your device. You can disable this access at any time in your system settings.
- Other Information
- We may collect certain information through the use of log files and servers. These servers create log files as part of the process of setup and configuration. Information in a log file may include IP address, browser type, Internet service provider, date/time stamps, and other usage information and statistical information.
B. Information Collected and Received from Others
We may receive or collect information about you from third parties or others. It may be collected and stored on our servers with other information we may have already received or collected from you. These third parties include:
- Service providers that provide or make available advertising, features and functionality, and content on or through the Site or App.
- Advertisers, marketing companies, advertising agencies that collect and maintain information on their customers. These third parties may provide us with certain information about those customers for the purposes of serving advertisements and/or marketing offers to their customers on the Site or App.
C. How We Use The Information
We may use your User Registration Data and other information or data we receive or collect, as well as data we derive or infer from combinations of the foregoing, for a variety of purposes, such as:
- To facilitate the creation of and secure your account on the Site or App.
- To provide and improve the Site and App and to develop new products and services.
- To customize and personalize the advertising and other content we deliver to you both on the Site and App and on other services offered by our publishing partners. We use this information to provide you with relevant and interesting advertising and other content.
- To fulfill your requests for certain products and services, such as distributing electronic newsletters and enabling you to participate in surveys and public forums.
- To send you information that you requested or agreed to receive.
- To alert you to the latest developments and features on our Site and App and to notify you of administrative information, such as security or support and maintenance advisories.
- To invite you to participate in events or special promotions related to products we think you may like or in which you may be interested.
We do not sell or give your email address to other companies for their own marketing purposes without your permission. However, we may use your email address or other User Registration Data to provide you with technical support, send you notices about the Site and App or other promotional offers you have elected to receive, and to serve you with ads that are more relevant to your interests. We may also work with data partners and advertising platforms to help increase the relevance of ads we provide to you. In doing so, we may use information representing an encrypted or hashed value derived from information we have received, such as your email address, in connection with these partners and platforms.
We do not sell or give your Contact Information to companies for their own marketing purposes without your permission. We do use Contact Information, however, to contact you, and to provide you with special offers and other information. If you provided your Contact Information as part of your use of the Site, the App or your account, we may use your Contact Information to update you on new features and products. You may contact us at any time to request that we cease using your Contact Information.
D. Information Collection Technologies/Cookies
Advertisers and other third-party advertising entities that advertise on the Site or App may place or recognize a unique cookie on your hard drive. These entities may use these cookies to collect information about you, which may include how many times you have seen their ads or whether you have interacted with an ad. Be sure to check with your web browsers on how to accept or reject third-party cookies.
E. Sharing Information with Others
We may share information we collect with our subsidiaries, successors or related companies for the purposes described in our respective privacy policies, and to offer, provide, and improve services and products offered both individually and jointly with these companies.
We may share information we receive or collect, such as when you give us permission through an affirmative election (for example, clicking “yes” in response to a message or email inquiring as to whether to “share my email with this advertiser”). We may also share information if we partner with a third party to provide services on our behalf, such as credit card processors, customer support, advertising services, or bulk email processors who may send out emails on our behalf. These companies are authorized to use your personal information only as necessary to provide these services to us. They are not authorized to use your personal information for their own, unrelated purposes.
We may also share your information in order to comply with legal requests such as subpoenas or court orders or to protect or defend our legal rights or property or the legal rights of third parties, employees, agents, and contractors (including under our agreements).
Additionally, we may share information we gather from devices you use to access the Site or App with its third-party vendors, manufacturers, service providers or advertising entities. We share this information for a variety of purposes such as tracking advertising, estimating the number of users, security and fraud detection, debugging problems and for providing you with more relevant advertisements on the Site and App.
If there is a transfer or sharing of your personal information in accordance with this policy, we will seek assurances from the recipients of such information (prior to the transfer) that they will safeguard the information in a manner consistent with this policy.
F. Account Management and Settings
You will have the ability to access and modify your User Registration Data on your account, which you may do through the Settings section of our Site or App at any time.
You have control through Settings on your Account and on your Profile to limit data we collect from you and how we use it. You can also download the information you have shared with the Site and App.
Your User Registration Data will be retained by us while your account and Profile is active. We will retain and use this information for the purposes for which it was collected (as specified in this policy or as we disclose to you outside of this policy), including, to provide information and products to you, comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce our agreements.
Upon your registration of an account on the Site or App, you may elect to receive promotional, marketing, or other similar emails tailored to your interests. You may change this election at any time. Additionally, you may also unsubscribe from any promotional, marketing, or other similar emails you receive. We will send you confirmation emails and other Site-related or App-related announcements when it is necessary to do so.
G. Security Measures
When necessary, we have implemented security measures designed to protect against the loss, misuse, and alteration of the information we collect or receive from you. Nevertheless, no security measures are impenetrable and there are always security risks.
We will use the information we collect in ways that are relevant and compatible with the purpose for which that information was collected or provided to us as disclosed in this policy. We will use safeguards to ensure that all information collected, processed, and/or stored is protected from loss, destruction, or use in a manner inconsistent with our policies or the purpose for which we received it.
Our Site and App, as well as advertisements on our Site and App, may include links to other websites whose privacy practices may differ from ours. If you submit personal information to any of those websites, the privacy statements and practices of those websites govern their use of your information. Please be sure to review the privacy statement of any website you visit.
Other third parties or advertisers may utilize framing techniques to serve content to and from webpages accessible through our Site and App while preserving the look and feel of our website. Please note that you may be providing your personal information to this third-party (and not to us) in this situation.
Registration on the Site or on the App by anyone under 18 years of age is prohibited. In accordance with the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act (COPPA), we never knowingly collect or maintain information on our Site or App from those we know are under the age of 18, and no part of our website or App is structured to attract anyone under 18. Upon notice that we have collected information from children under the age of 18, we will take immediate steps for its removal. You can report any potential violation of account that appears to be distributing or promoting child content, including child exploitation, by Contact us at email@example.com
For Law Enforcement Agencies, please see OUR GUIDELINES FOR LAW ENFORCEMENT.
I. State Laws
Your personal information and its collection, use, sources, and sharing are described in this policy. Please see below for additional provisions, as required under the consumer privacy law of your state.
Your rights under Cal. Civ. Code § 1798.83 (Shine the Light law): We only share personal information (as defined) with third parties for direct marketing purposes if you either specifically opt-in, or are offered the opportunity to opt-out and elect not to opt-out of such sharing at the time you provide personal information or when you choose to participate in a feature on the Site or on the App. If you do not opt-in or if you opt-out at that time, we will not share your personal information with that identified third party for direct marketing purposes.
Your rights under Cal. Bus. & Prof. Code § 22575(b) (“Do Not Track” Browser Settings): You are entitled to know how we respond to “Do Not Track” browser settings. Like many other websites, we do not currently alter our practices when we receive Do Not Track signals as there is no consensus among industry participants as to what “Do Not Track” means in this context. However, you have the option to opt-out of interest-based advertising. To find out more about “Do Not Track,” you may wish to visit www.allaboutdnt.com/.
Your rights under the California Consumer Privacy Act of 2018 (CCPA): CCPA provides for certain disclosures about your rights and the personal information we collect, sell, and disclose for a business purpose. To view this information or exercise your rights under CCPA, visit [CCPA Privacy] Policy for CA residents.
If you are a resident of Nevada, you may apply limits to the sale of certain personal information to third parties for resale or licensing purposes, subject to applicable law. We do not sell your personal information for such use. You are entitled to register your preference for limits on such sales in the future by sending an email to us with the subject line, “Nevada Do Not Sell Request” along with your first and last name, zip code, and whether you are a former or current accountholder or user. Your email address must match the email address on your account to process this request.
Our privacy policies will be periodically reviewed and evaluated in connection with new products, new services, new technologies, changes in law and your needs. We may make changes or modifications to our policy as a result thereof. Our policy will be updated from time to time. If we make any material changes to this policy, we will post the updated terms of the policy on the Site and the App, and provide you notice of such changes, which may include notice by email through a message sent to the email address you use to access the Site and App or to register as a user on the Site and App or posting a message on the Service.
Modifications to our policy will be effective within thirty (30) calendar days following our email notice to you. You are responsible for updating your account information to provide us with your most current email address as the email notice constitutes effective notice of said changes.
From time to time, we shall conduct compliance audits of our relevant privacy practices to verify adherence to this policy and that said policy is current and accurate. Any employee that we determine is in violation of this policy may be subject to disciplinary action.
Any complaints or disputes as to collection or use of information under this policy shall be completely investigated to seek a resolution or cooperate with dispute resolution procedures, if applicable to the dispute.
L. Contact Us